Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Where's Rocky When You Need Him?

While reading the AP today, I came across the following picture:

Caption: "People gather in front of the World's Largest Beaded Photo Mosaic of U.S. President Barack Obama on display in front of the White House in Washington, August 3, 2009. The project, created with over 372,600 beads by 1000 fourth grade students from across the U.S., was made in honor of Obama's 48th birthday which will be celebrated tomorrow."

Ummm, ok.

Now after the tired "dear leader" jokes cleared from my head, I still couldn't stop thinking about this image. "Where had I seen this before?" I wondered. For some reason, this picture reminded me of my childhood. But I just... couldn't... place it.

The question ate at me all day, until finally, the answer came to me in a flash (at 5:02):


EUREKA!

Happy Birthday, President Drago.

No comments: