Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Media

Happy New Year!

Although 2009 was a pretty depressing year for US trade policy (more on that later), it was pretty fruitful for your faithful correspondent.  On the personal side, I celebrated yet another year (my 33rd) of health, happiness and prosperity - the third with my awesome wife Elizabeth.  My family's doing great, and I have more friends today than I did a year ago.  All good things.

On the professional side, I was blessed to stay gainfully employed during an epically wretched year for lawyers.  I also co-authored a well-received policy paper for the Cato Institute, penned several op-eds for "old" and "new" media outlets, and, of course, started this little blog.  If 2010 ends up being anywhere near as successful as 2009, I'll be thrilled.

Speaking of the new year, I've resolved for 2010 to further integrate myself (read: sell-out) into the world of new media.  So I've finally gotten a facebook page and a twitter account, and each of these media will re-publish entries from this blog as they're released (it's magic!).  So if you've read this blog or any of my other stuff and, for some bizarre reason, longed to become my "friend" on Facebook or to "follow me" on Twitter, well, now you can.

Lucky you.

I've also tweaked a few things on the blog itself to make it more "web-friendly."  Beyond the Facebook and Twitter stuff, I've added a "ShareThis" button at the bottom of every blog entry that will let readers share the entry on Facebook, Twitter, Digg or pretty much any other whizbang site out there.  All at the click of a button.  (Like I said, magic.)

Anyway, thanks for reading, and here's hoping that 2010 is your best year yet.

-Scott

No comments: