- NC State University Report: North Carolina ports support more than 65,000 jobs across the state and provide an economic impact of $7.5 billion.
- GMU's Russ Roberts absolutely dismantles Paul Krugman's (and others') latest nonsense about the omnipotence of America's "rich".
- Geithner: Chinese inflation is driving the real US-China exchange rate and altering companies' business decisions. (Yes, this should all sound very familiar.)
- Hyundai and Kia are dominating in Alabama and Georgia, respectively, and bringing American manufacturing jobs with them. (And Cafe Hayek's Don Boudreaux provides some great additional commentary.)
- In the Solyndra debacle comes further proof that the US government's record on "investing" in green manufacturing is abysmal, and that private (aka "real") investment and government (aka fake) "investment" are two very different things.
- Ikenson: Tony Soprano meets the US antidumping law. And Simon Lester adds some helpful anonymous commentary.