Thursday, September 19, 2013

Some Updates

I know things have gotten a little quiet around here, but don't worry: I've managed to survive without you (haha).  In all seriousness, when not changing diapers or making bottles, I've definitely been keeping busy with several side projects, including:

  • I've recorded several podcasts for the Cato Institute on various trade issues.  The first two of those are now out, and you can listen here (on subsidies) and here (on energy).  So sit back, relax, and let my sultry voice lull you into a deeper state of libertarian economic consciousness.
  • Back in August, I penned an oped for IBD on how various US government trade and fiscal policies artificially inflate food prices and hurt American families.
  • I've also started occasionally writing for the hot new web magazine The Federalist.  You can find my first couple articles (and all future ones) here.
  • And last but not least, I'm very excited to announce that I've signed on to be a Visiting Lecturer at Duke University, and will be teaching "Institutions in International Trade Law" there in the Spring of 2014.  Once the course description is online, I'll be sure to share it here.  In the meantime, if you know any students at Duke who are looking to learn about trade law, economics and policy (and, of course, robots/monkeys/pirates), be sure to send 'em my way!
Enjoy!

(And if you'd like to get these (and many, many other) updates more quickly, be sure to follow me on Twitter or Facebook.)

No comments: